Have you heard of the amazing health benefits of apple cider vinegar? By the end of this article, you should know why drink apple cider vinegar daily.
What is This Magic Drink?!?
- It’s been used for various household and cooking purposes for centuries.
- It’s been used for health problems and as an ancient folk remedy.
- It’s been in front of your eyes the entire time but you’ve probably ignored it.
- When apple cider gets exposed to yeast, the sugar gets fermented into alcohol.
- Adding bacteria to the solution ferments the alcohol even further and turns it into acetic acid, which is vinegar’s main active compound.
Apple Cider Vinegar doesn’t contain many vitamins or minerals, although it has trace amounts of potassium. If it’s an organic, unfiltered produce, then it also contains „mother“ – strands of proteins, enzymes, and antioxidants.
The Health Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
Now you might ask – what’s the big deal?
Drinking apple cider vinegar has a ton of health benefits. So many that you should definitely start consuming it daily.
Apple cider vinegar helps to maintain healthy alkaline-pH levels
Most people are more acidic than alkaline because of inflammation, bad diet, alcohol and other environmental toxins.
A lot of physiological functions in the body occur only at a certain level of acidity or alkalinity and too high levels of acidity lead to lack of energy.
Although apple cider vinegar is acidic, it actually becomes alkaline after you consume it.
Apple cider vinegar helps to kill pathogens and bad bacteria[i]
It can also eliminate candida in your body. Candida is a bacterial infection that causes poor memory, brain fog, depression, sugar cravings, and headaches. Eating too many processed carbs or sugar can lead to candida overgrowth and yeast infections.
ACV functions like a prebiotic for the healthy gut bacteria that helps them grow whilst eliminating the bad ones.
Apple cider vinegar improves digestion
Because of the same reason, it’s very effective for dealing with many digestive problems, like constipation, bloating, gas and even heartburn.
Apple cider vinegar for weight loss and diabetes
Even further, apple cider vinegar is great for weight loss because of the reasons mentioned already.
It lowers blood sugar levels, reduces insulin and thus makes you burn more fat. This is beneficial for not only people who are overweight or with diabetes but for everyone.
Constantly elevated levels of insulin and blood sugar will lead to insulin resistance and many other diseases.
For weight loss purposes, apple cider vinegar makes you feel fuller. Consuming vinegar with a high carb meal increases satiety and in some studies, people eat 200-275 fewer calories for the rest of the day[ix][x].
Apple cider vinegar improves your health overall
In general, there are so many benefits to ACV.
- Lowers blood pressure
- Improved heart health
- Reduced risk of heart disease
- Detoxifies the liver
- Lowers cholesterol
- Whitens your teeth
- Removes bad breath
- Boosts your energy
- Helps to prevent osteoporosis
- Slows down aging
- Fights against free radical damage
It’s probably not enough to cure all of your diseases, but drinking apple cider vinegar on a healthy diet will definitely have a lot of benefits.
How to Drink Apple Cider Vinegar Daily
As the saying goes: „An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure“ but it also applies that what makes a poison deadly is the dosage.
Apple cider vinegar is completely safe with no side effects when consumed normally.
Here are a few ways you can add apple cider vinegar to your diet.
- Dressing, cooking – add it to salads or when you make homemade mayonnaise or something.
- Apple Cider Vinegar Drink – drinking it as a beverage is very convenient and even tasty.
- 1-2 teaspoons (5-10 mL) to 1-2 tablespoons (15-30 mL) a day
- A glass of hot water
- A half of lemon squeezed into the water
- Tablets or pills – another option, but you have to look at the ingredients list and see how much actual ACV there is.
If you use any of these health products, then you have to pay close attention to the source of their manufacturing and production. What do they actually contain and how they’re made.
That’s why it’s best to stick to organic and unfiltered apple cider vinegar with the „mother“. The most popular brand in the United States is Bragg’s but there are many out there in all parts of the world.
So consume it as you may!