This is the article for the Body Mind Empowered Superfood Keto Coffee Recipe (better than bulletproof coffee).
Better Than Bulletproof Coffee
I’m going to give you this incredibly healthy, nutrient dense and delicious recipe that you can use for boosting your cognitive performance, your physical performance, your focus and it’s going to help you burn a ton of fat while you’re at it.
It’s all keto-proof and suitable for almost everyone.
You might have heard about Bulletproof Coffee – simply adding some grass-fed butter and MCT oil to your coffee – which is great. I think it tastes amazing and I love what Dave Asprey is doing with his company.
Nevertheless, I think that bulletproof coffee lacks the micronutrients.
- Coffee itself is rich in polyphenols and antioxidants that can improve your health.
- Butter is also full of vitamin K and butyric acid, which are good for digestion.
- MCT oil gives you a ton of ketones which puts you into deeper ketosis for increased energy.
However, I like to add a few extra ingredients into the mix as to increase the health aspect of the coffee not just the cognitive performance side of things.
Superfoods for Keto Coffee
Okay, it’s very simple
Here are the ingredients for the entire drink.
- Of course, coffee, I’m using decaf coffee at the moment
- Then we have 1 raw pastured egg for the healthy omega 3 fatty acids, DHA and EPA which are great for the brain
- Chaga mushroom powder. Chaga is one of the top antioxidants in the world. There’s a massive difference between chaga and the other so-called superfoods out there. It’s a fungus that will reduce oxidative stress on your body, it’s going to support the adrenal glands and it has some cognitive benefits as well
- Then we have MACA powder – maca is a superfood from the Peruvian mountains and it’s great for the endocrine system. It’s especially good for hormonal balance, testosterone production, and energy levels. The taste is also delicious and it’s very nutrient dense.
- Raw cacao powder is another superfood from the Andies. It’s also very rich in polyphenols and antioxidants plus some magnesium. The phytochemicals can balance blood sugar, cholesterol and improve cardiovascular health. And of course, who doesn’t like the taste of some bitter dark chocolate.
- I’m going to be adding turmeric, ginger, and cinnamon for their anti-inflammatory compounds. I’m going to be adding a little bit of black pepper because the piperine in black pepper is going to boost the absorption of turmeric. A little bit of Cayenne pepper is also going to boost my metabolism and the spices have anti-aging benefits.
- To top it all off, I’m adding a pinch of salt
- Instead of butter, I’m going to use some bone broth as a source of fat. Because most of these compounds I’m using here are fat soluble, which means you need to consume them together with some fat to absorb the nutrients from them. And of course, bone broth itself has a ton of electrolytes and minerals.
How to Make this Keto Coffee Recipe
Here’s the preparation process:
- Brew the coffee
- Add all the superfoods into a heat-resistant container
- Break the egg and drop it into the mix
- A pinch of sea salt and pepper
- Fill the cup half-way with coffee
To mix them all together, I’m going to be blending them with a regular blender. This is also going to promote the bioavailability of the nutrients.
The blending is going to mix the fats together with these compounds and I’ll be absorbing them a lot better because it doesn’t matter how many superfoods you eat if you’re breaking them down in the gut.
- After blending add the bone broth to fill the rest of the cup
- Sprinkle cinnamon on top of the froth for a nice taste
- Coconut flakes or poppy seeds as optional additives
Here are the approximate macronutrients for this recipe:
- Total Calories: 100-150
- Protein: 6-8 g
- Carbs: 1-2 g NET
- Fat: 5-10 g
- Mircos: through the roof
Get More Empowered Simple Keto Recipes
I believe this tastes a lot better than Bulletproof coffee and the nutrient density is substantially larger as well. No offense, Dave. I still love your work.
If you want to learn more similar simple yet incredibly healthy recipes for the ketogenic diet, then you should get my Ultimate Keto. It includes:
- Information about ketosis
- How to start a well-formulated ketogenic diet
- 40+ recipes for breakfast, dinner, desserts, and snacks
- 21-day meal plan with exact macronutrients and quantities