Are you suffering from inflammation, bloating or constipation? You are? Great – this article gives you 3 super foods that reduce inflammation. It’s about the health benefits of ginger, turmeric and cinnamon. (more…)
Category: Brain and Cognition
Do you have to take supplements? What supplements should you take for optimal health and wellbeing? So many questions, and so many answers in this article. (more…)
Are you trying to get fit but can’t stick to your diet and exercise habits? Before you rush off to the gym for a workout, read this article on how meditation helps weight loss. (more…)
Are you sick and tired of being sick and tired? Read this article to know what to eat for more energy. P.S. Eat these foods that boost energy and make you feel energized. (more…)
This article talks about how to leverage neuroplasticity to change your habits. Like, really change the person you are and how you behave. Deep stuff.
ONE WORD – NEUROPLASTICITY
Neuroplasticity basically refers to your brain’s ability to change and restructure its neural networks.
The most commonly used phrase to describe it is the Hebb’s Rule named after Donald Hebb:
Neurons that fire together, wire together. Neurons that fail to link, fire out of sync.
What it will tell you is that you can re-structure your brain and change its faculties any way you like.
FOCUS, procrastination, working hard, laziness, love, positive thinking, discipline and every other mental activity is a pattern – a neural pattern of thinking and acting in response to that.
You lack concentration, willpower, compassion or commitment because you’ve wired your brain to walk certain pathways.
You Are Your Neural Patterns
Neuroplasticity is a dynamic process that happens constantly with each decision, meaning:
- Every time you check your Facebook messages while trying to study, you’re re-enforcing the habit to keep doing it.
- Every time you give in to temptation and eat the marshmallow, you’re teaching yourself that it’s okay to break.
- Every time you push yourself hard in the gym, you’re developing stronger willpower and tolerance for discomfort.
- Every time you focus your entire attention on one single activity at a time, you’re making your honing your concentration and dedication.
How to Replace Your Neural Networks
Let’s take an example – overcoming laziness and building work ethic.
You have to rewire your brain.
Start replacing the habit of laziness and procrastination by mindfully, consciously, attempting to improve it. It feels uncomfortable because you’re literally ripping apart your neural patterns.
Another issue is that habits are hard to break.
You have yourconstantly distracting you, your own inner and lack of .
Change Your Habits With Neuroplasticity
The KEY is becoming more mindful and aware in general – to actually notice yourself during the day and not being on autopilot all the time. This is another great.
- It starts with making a decision – taking full responsibility for your actions and deciding to commit to change. I mean, if you want it bad enough then you would do it anyway.
- Then you implement change – You start doing the activities that allow you to become the person you want to be. If you want to be lazy, then be lazy. If you want to be a hard worker, then work hard.
- Consistency is crucial – The more often you do something, the more it gets engraved into your brain. Repeated actions will lead to the same repeated outcomes.
- Be mindful of change – A great tip is to actually notice yourself making improvements and breaking bad habits. Every time you manage to work without getting distracted, without grabbing for junk food or when you have a breakthrough – congratulate yourself and keep going.
Realize that it’s a matter of choices all around – what activities you choose to do on a daily basis, how you choose to structure your neural networks, who are the people you choose to surround yourself with and who you choose to become as a result of that.
Neuroplasticity is a crucial aspect of healthy brain and personhood development. It makes you smarter, enriches your experiences and increases longevity.
It’s really that simple…
But we all have to deal with the biggest obstacle of them all – ourselves.
If you need any help in overcoming some of your bad habits and beginning your path to glory as a self-empowered being, then you want to have an incentive and more accountability assistance.
I’ve created a free 5-day video course that teaches you some foundational principles and best practices of what I call Body Mind Empowerment.
- Every day, I explain you a topic and give you some action steps.
- Before you can progress onto the next day’s video, you have to complete the action steps.
- The idea is to develop good habits of self-care and growth.
You have nothing to lose but so much to gain. Take the first step and begin your journey.
No Fap is a very popular topic right now and a lot of guys are struggling with it. They can’t stop jerking off because they’re addicted to porn and relapse by fapping. This article talks about how porn affects the brain and why you should go no fap, at least for a while. (more…)
Boosting brain power is fundamental for increasing your performance. It’s one of the most valuable assets you have in life – to improve cognition and intelligence. (more…)
I have to warn you, the following video will reveal to you some of the natural dangers of our mind and teach you how to not be negatively influenced by them. In particular, it’s about how to control your monkey mind. (more…)
We as people and our brains as complex networks are changing every day, moment-by-moment. What course this development goes is completely in our own control. This article talks about how to increase neuroplasticity so that you could become more intelligent and fluid in your thinking. But first, let me explain what it actually is. (more…)
The pre-frontal lobes are the most advanced stages of development of the mammalian brain. To boost brain power, we need to feed the neocortex the right things that support its functioning and growth. (more…)